A comprehensive next-generation sequencing assay that identifies known and emerging tumor biomarkers delivered through our high-quality, global sequencing services.
Illumina’s TruSight™ Oncology 500 (TSO 500) Assay’s comprehensive content and optimized design means you get more results from your precious samples.
- 523 cancer relevant genes (DNA) and 55 genes for aberrant transcripts (RNA)
- Optimized for FFPE tumor tissue samples — no germline control samples are required
- Combined workflow and simultaneous analysis for RNA and DNA means you use the same sample in a single assay — only 40 ng DNA & 40 ng RNA input required from FFPE tissue
- Reduced sequencing error rates through the addition of unique molecular identifiers (UMIs) during library preparation coupled with Illumina’s proprietary informatics pipelines
- Distributable kit that is being developed as a companion diagnostic tool
- Assesses multiple variant types in a single assay including Small Nucleotide Variants (SNVs), InDels, splice variants, fusions, and emerging immunotherapy biomarkers that rely on analysis of multiple genomic loci, such as Tumor Mutational Burden (TMB) and Microsatellite Instability (MSI)
- Delivers accurate quantitative MSI status vs traditional qualitative PCR and immunohistochemistry methodologies
- Reproducibly detects 5% variant allele frequency (VAF) in FFPE samples